SMi’s Pharma announce 3rd Annual Drug Discovery Chemistry Conference is taking place at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in London, UK on 18th and 19st March 2019.
LONDON, GREATER LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, November 22, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — This year’s event will specifically focus on innovations within the field that has the potential to drive the pharmaceutical industry into a new era of medicines, with optimization of the R&D process to become cheaper, faster and increasing the likelihood of drug efficacy and success. These are some of the major obstacles within drug discovery at present, as the process is overall long, expensive and often potential drugs will fail late in clinical trials, wasting resources and time.
SMi is proud to announce the Co-Chairs for the conference Roderick Hubbard, Professor, University of York, and Senior Fellow, Vernalis Research and Darren Green, Director of Molecular Design, GSK
Roderick Hubbard, Senior Fellow, University of York & Vernalis Research Ltd
Rod Hubbard has been an academic at York for over 35 years working with methods for analysis and exploitation of protein structure, developing molecular graphics and modelling methods in the 1980s and building Structural Biology at York during the 1980s and 1990s. In 1997, he was a founding SAB member of what became Vernalis. Since 2001 he has split his time between Vernalis (fragment and structure based drug discovery) and York (fragment methods for chemical biology and industrial biotechnology). In addition, he works with UK Research Councils and consults with pharmaceutical and technology companies around the world.
Darren Green, Director of Molecular Design, GlaxoSmithKline plc
Darren Green is Director of Molecular Design, GlaxoSmithKline. Based at Stevenage, his group specialises in the application of computational chemistry, machine learning and chemoinformatics methods to drug discovery. Darren also leads the GSK-ex scientia collaboration.
Darren has a PhD in Theoretical Chemistry from the University of Manchester and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Key Expert Speakers include:
• Tobias Gabriel, Global Head of External Drug Discovery, Novartis
• Markus Queisser, Scientific Leader, GlaxoSmithKline
• Andrew Popplewell, Head of Antibody Discovery & Engineering, UCB
• Hasane Ratni, Expert Scientist, F Hoffmann-La Roche
• Helmut Thomas, President and CEO, Cylenium Pharma
• Frederic Berst, Senior Investigator, Novartis
• Phil Cox, Senior Principal Research Scientist, AbbVie
• Christine Prosser, Principal Scientist, UCB
• Ulrich Schopfer, Head of Integrated Target & Lead Discovery, Novartis
• Edgar Jacoby, Senior Principal Scientist Computational Chemistry, Janssen
• Roland Burli, Senior Director, Head of Medicinal Chemistry, AstraZeneca
• Vivek Vishnudas, Sr Vice President Drug Discovery & Platform Sciences, Berg LLC
• James Dale, Senior Scientist and Head of Chemistry, Nanna Therapeutics
• Govinda Bhisetti, Principal Investigator & Head of Computational Chemistry, Biogen
• Chris Tame, Research Leader, BenevolentAI
• Graham Simpson, Head of Drug Discovery, GTN
• Alexander Hillisch, Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Bayer
• Dr Nick Camp, Drug Discovery Consultant, Nick Camp Consulting
To view the full speaker line-up and 2-day agenda please click on this link:
The conference also has an interactive half day pre conference workshop, which provide extra value to the Drug Discovery Chemistry conference, taking place on Wednesday 20 March 2019 at the same venue.
Morning Workshop: Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery
Workshop Leader: Dr Nick Camp, Drug Discovery Consultant, Nick Camp Consulting
If you are interested in participating and attending the conference, you can register at www.drug-discovery.co.uk/PR1 and save £400.
Interested in sponsoring, exhibiting or speaking at this event?Contact Alia Malick, Director, on +44 (0) 20 827 6168 or email email@example.com
For media enquiries, contact Simi Sapal on +44 (0) 20 7827 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Drug Discovery Chemistry Conference 2019
18 & 19 March 2019
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
Follow us @SMiPharm
—- END —-
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
+44 20 7827 6000
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire